Confucius was the greatest Eastern philosopher of all time, whose teachings deeply influenced East Asian life and thought.
He is considered the first teacher and his teachings are usually expressed in short phrases which are open to various interpretations. Chief among his philosophical ideas is the importance of a virtuous life, filial piety and ancestor worship.
Also emphasised is the necessity for benevolent and frugal rulers, the importance of inner moral harmony and its direct connection with harmony in the physical world and that rulers and teachers are important role models for wider society.
We would like to present you 10 powerful life lessons based on the philosophy of this revered Chinese thinker.
1. Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart.
2. Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.
3. It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.
4. He who knows all the answers has not been asked all the questions.
5. Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
6. If you hate a person, then you’re defeated by them.
7. When it is obvious that goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, but adjust the action steps.
8. Respect yourself and others will respect you.
9. What the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others.
10. Study the past if you would define the future.
Follow these wise life lessons and you’ll see how your life will change for the better.